Belgrade Arbitration Center
The Arbitration Association has established the Belgrade Arbitration Center (BAC) in 2013 – a permanent arbitral institution that administers domestic and foreign disputes, assists in technical and administrative aspects of ad hoc arbitral proceedings, organizes and conducts mediation sessions and provides for other services closely related to dispute settlement.
Activities of the Belgrade Arbitration Center are managed by the Board consisting of: Prof. Dr Maja Stanivuković (President), Filip Boras, Assis. Prof Dr Miloš Živković, Dr Tijana Kojović and Prof. Dr Vladimir Pavić (Vicepresident).
Why should the parties opt for arbitration under the auspices of BAC?
There are numerous reasons:
– the proceedings are fast, efficient and reliable while being fully compliant with the applicable legislation;
– parties are free to choose their arbitrators and rules governing the proceedings;
– arbitrators apply modern and efficient rules of procedure including techniques aimed at reducing costs of the proceedings (e.g. telephone and video conferencing);
– arbitrators maintain and protect equality of the parties, allowing both sides to present their arguments;
– BAC offers affordable services in dispute resolution for disputes with a regional character and in languages spoken in the region;
– the arbitral award has the same legal effect as any final and enforceable decision of a national court;
– the arbitral award is final and enforceable, precluding the right to appeal;
– unlike court decision in Serbia, BAC arbitral awards are enforceable in more than 150 countries in the world under the framework of the New York Convention;
– BAC supports and strives to implement equal representation in arbitration.